PDeasy circulates continuously and refreshes dialysate in the peritoneal cavity. This offers a more efficient removal of toxins compared to traditional PD. The dialysate is refreshed by a purification unit that removes the toxins from the dialysate. The purification unit is filled with sorbents that also ensure a slow release of glucose needed for osmotic removal of excess moisture (ultrafiltration).
High glucose concentrations, as used in traditional PD and harmful to the peritoneal membrane, are no longer required. Thus, PDeasy eliminates the current disadvantages of PD (low efficacy, high glucose concentrations leading to damage to the peritoneal membrane), which benefits the overall health status and quality of life of kidney patients (fitness, lower pill burden).
The system consists of a portable night device (bed side) that will be sufficient for most patients. A wearable device for daytime is optional in case additional clearance is needed. The system can be connected to a standard peritoneal catheter.
- • PD made easy: connect and go, easy-to-use system for peritoneal dialysis
- • High clearance: 1.5-5x traditional PD depending on the toxin type
- • Fewer connections (2 / day), so less chance of peritonitis
- • Decreased glucose concentrations, better retention of the peritoneal membrane
- • Built-in sensors for automated control and safety measures
- • Remote monitoring via a web portal
- • Replaceable purification unit